Teen dies in her sleep after charging phone explodes

News Karnataka

Teen dies in her sleep after charging phone explodes

Teen dies in her sleep after charging phone explodes

IANS   ¦    Oct 01, 2019 03:35:24 PM (IST)

Teen dies in her sleep after charging phone explodes-1Nur-Sultan: A schoolgirl in Kazakhstan has died after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow as she slept.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan. The next morning, she was found dead after the phone's battery is said to have exploded close to her head, according to media reports.

The police said that her device had been plugged into a power socket at the time. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries as a result of the blast and died on the spot.

Forensic experts said that the mobile exploded in the early hours of the morning after overheating as it charged and this was the cause of her death, said reports.

The brand of the smartphone was not disclosed.