Udupi : A huge fire broke out at the Raj Fish Net Factory, Malpe owned by district in-charge minister Pramod Madhwaraj resulting in huge losses on Tuesday, October 3 evening.
Reportedly, an electrical short circuit led to the fire that engulfed a boiler in the factory premises. Though several employees were present in the factory when the fire erupted, they were evacuated immediately and the fire brigade personnel were summoned.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire under the leadership of assistant station official Bevappa Patekar. Due measures were taken to prevent the fire from spreading nearby.
While no causalities or injuries were reported in the incident materials worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in the fire.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2016 . All Rights Reserved. Crafted By: ThinkPace