Mangaluru: Fire broke out in a seven-storeyed apartment in Bejai on Thursday, March 21, but no casualties have been reported.
Sources from Kadri Fire Station informed that fire erupted in the bedroom of a house on the seventh floor of Deepanjali Apartment in Bejai at around 3.45 PM. When the incident occurred, the house was locked and the inmates had been to the KMC Hospital in the city, as they work here. When a thick smoke was spotted from the house, the people from the nearby houses in the same apartment informed the fire station.
Immediately, two fire vehicles and fire personnel from Kadri Fire Station were pressed into service. After a hour-long operation, the fire was extinguished. A coat, bed and some electrical items were burnt down in the mishap. Electric short circuit is said to be the cause of fire.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2020 . All Rights Reserved.
Website maintained by Technixserv