Honnavar: In a shocking incident, around 29 students of the Ambedkar Residential school, Honnavar near Karwar in the Uttara Kannada district, were admitted to the taluk hospital for food poisoning on Friday, November 2.
According to sources, the students began to complain of headaches, vomiting and uneasiness in the stomach, on Friday morning, after breakfast. Soon after, first aid was administered to the students at the school, who were later moved to the hospital.
It has been reported that around nine of the 29 students were suffering from a fever since the last 2-3 days.
Tahsildar V R Gowda visited the hospital and enquired about the children's health after he was informed about the incident. He also ordered the taluk health officer and school principal to send the food samples for testing.
The students treated at the hospital and are reported to be out of danger.
A few days back, students of Murarji Desai residential school in Murdeshwar fell sick due to food poisoning.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2016 . All Rights Reserved.