Tumakuru boy dies, scores of devotees fall sick after consuming lunch in temple

News Karnataka

Tumakuru boy dies, scores of devotees fall sick after consuming lunch in temple

Tumakuru boy dies, scores of devotees fall sick after consuming lunch in temple

Sc BH   ¦    Representational Image   ¦   May 22, 2019 02:57:45 PM (IST)

Tumakuru boy dies, scores of devotees fall sick after consuming lunch in temple-1

Tumakuru: Even as the Sulvadi temple tragedy that claimed 17 lives is fresh in the minds of the people, an 11-year-old boy died in Tumakuru after consuming food served in a local temple. Scores of people have taken ill.

Veerabhadrappa, the 11-year-old boy from Nidagallu village of Pavagada taluk had been to Veerabhadraswamy temple in the village. It is said that the cooks at the temple had used contaminated water to cook the food in the temple as there is an acute shortage of fresh water in the village. After this food was served scores of people fell ill and the young boy could not survive. After special prayers on Tuesday, a lavish mass meal comprising of vegetable curries and other delicacies were served. soon after lunch, many people fell sick, showing symptoms of food poisoning. Though the 11-year-old was rushed to a local hospital, he could not be saved.