Mangaluru: Fieldstar Hypermarket at Ballabagh in the city was completely destroyed in a late-night fire that started around 11 pm on Wednesday 14 April after the closing of the store. Even though theexact reason is yet to be ascertained, it is said that the fire was due to an electrical short circuit. Officials have to investigate further to know the cause of the fire.
The firemen had to break the front window glasses of the hypermarket, owned by Deepa Kamath, in order to put out the inferno.
According to one of the store employees, “the fire couldn’t have started due to the short circuit because we turned off all the electric connections, except for a couple of refrigerators and deep freezers which are kept running. It’s really surprising to note that the fire could have started by a short circuit since our store is only 2 years old. Only a proper investigation will reveal the exact cause of the fire”.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2021 . All Rights Reserved.