The promise of a triple treat of beautiful locations has drawn tourists to the state from far and wide. Coorg, Madikeri, and Virajpet contain some of the best natural attractions. Also, there are many things to do in Coorg. Club Mahindra holds a prominent place in the Coorg resorts circuit.
The best time to visit Coorg is any time throughout the year, actually. Tourist season is essentially from June through September, so plan accordingly.
Resort in Virajpet – Highlights
When it comes to Club Mahindra resort in Virajpet, you can be sure of experiencing outstanding hospitality. Receive location-based recommendations to enhance your visit.
Below are two tourist favorite destinations in Virajpet, which is classified as the second town in the Kodagu district.
- Gonikoppal – If you are into adventure sports like paragliding, parasailing or windsurfing, bear in mind that most Coorg Tourism lists will direct you to Gonikoppal. It happens to be home to the Coorg Adventure Club. This quaint hotspot is just 17 km away from Virajpet.
- Talakaveri – As far as pilgrimage destinations in Coorg go, Talakaveri comes to mind. This region is 58 km from Virajpet and is considered sacred, owing in large part to it being the source of the River Kaveri. A temple dedicated to Goddess Kaveriamma draws devotees from all over. Climbing a set of stairs to a peak-top will open you to some of the most photograph-worthy sights you will find in the area.
Madikeri Resort – Highlights
This scintillating hill town nestled in the Western Ghats is a revelation in more ways than one. Aside from enjoying prominent mentions in varied Coorg Tourism lists, the Madikeri resort of Club Mahindra will certainly direct you to some of the finest sightseeing locales in the region.
Below are a couple of things to do in Coorg’s Madikeri to satiate your wanderlust.
- Trekking – The sheer natural ambiance of this region ensured that trekking would become a tourist favorite. There’s something for everyone, irrespective of their age and experience. Trekking here will take you through hamlets, national parks, waterfalls, and major trek-trails. You can hike, camp, bird-watch, and star-gaze to your heart’s content.
- Chingara Falls – Enjoying space amidst tropical forests and coffee plantations, this milky-serene waterfall is a sight for sore eyes. Not only will this attraction infuse you with a sense of awe and peace, but you will also appreciate some fine trekking and swimming here.
- Raja Seat - Raja seat is a wonderful garden that has a mix of natural flowers as well as artificial fountains. This garden is located in the Madikeri district of Coorg. It was considered to be a favorite place for Kings of Kodagu. The queens spent time here leisurely. During the sunset, there is a mesmerizing view of the sky and garden. It is a treat for visitors. A toy train is available for the children to enjoy. The musical fountains add to the beauty of the park.
Coorg Resorts – Highlights
There are plenty of things to do in Coorg. In fact, Coorg Tourism has so much to recommend. Coorg resorts like Club Mahindra even provide you field guides and ideas to further polish the quality of your visit.
Below is one Coorg hotspot that you simply must visit, and rest assured, there is more to see and do here aside from visiting this 5-star recommendation.
- Meenmutty Falls
Considered to be one of the Kalpetta region’s largest waterfalls, and Kerala’s second-largest, the Meenmutty waterfalls are one for the books. Note: you will need apt permits to camp near the falls.
â You can opt for the 2km jungle trek that will take you to the falls, as well as other tourist attractions
â The Neyyar Reservoir can be found nearby
â The falls stand within the Mepadi forest range
â The falls cascade down three tiers, with each tier enjoying around 300 feet height-wise
â Meenmutty is definitely a photographer’s paradise.
- Golden Temple (Namdroling Monastery)
• This monastery is situated 34 km from Coorg. It is considered to be the largest teaching center in Buddhism
• It is known popularly known as Golden Temple. The monastery has elaborately decorated artwork temple tower and ornamental outer walls
• It is home to 5000 members of the Sangha community
• Further, it has a golden statue of Guru Padmasambhava, Amityaus and Buddha Sakyamuni
• During the prayer ritual, the vibe of the monastery is amazing
Thus, Coorg offers a promising holiday. Stay in the best Coorg resorts to redefine your Coorg holiday.
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.