Chitradurga: Scores of students of a state-run school in Chitradurga fell ill after consuming mid-day meals. As many as 65 students from Channabasayyana Hatti of Challakere taluk in Chitradurga district fell ill after consuming mid-day meal at their institution on Tuesday.
"The incident occurred on Tuesday afternoon when several students fell ill after consuming the meal served in the co-education school at Chennamma village in the district," Chitradurga Chief Executive Officer (CEO) C. Satyabhama told IANS on phone.
Sources said that the kids complained of burning sensation in the stomach and nausea. The students were rushed to a local hospital and were discharged by evening as they were all out of danger.
"Sample of the dishes have been sent for lab testing as a lizard was suspected to have been found in one of the vessels in which rice was cooked. We are waiting for the report," Satyabhama added.
On July 17, a food poisoning incident was reported from the same school.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2019 . All Rights Reserved.