Bengaluru: The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) transformer at Anand Rao Circle was engulfed in flames on Monday, February 17.
The 20 KB power generating transformer caught fire today, but the officials said that the exact reason for the incident was not known. However, they have suspected it to be a case of short circuit.
A team of firefighters had rushed to the spot immediately to extinguish the rapidly spreading flames.
As a result of the incident, the BESCOM officials has informed that the power supply will vary in areas like the Vidhana Soudha, Raj Bhavan, Majestic, Malleshwaram, Vasanth Nagar, Avenue Road, Chickapete, Gandhi Nagar, Cottonpete, and Sheshadripuram.
No casualties have been reported.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2019 . All Rights Reserved.