London (IANS) With summer comes heavy expenditure on shopping for cool fabrics and travelling to coolest locations, but if you are planning to be home and save money, try out simple and easy tips.
Andrew Stone, energy technology expert and operations development manager with energy saving experts Zenith Home, offers simple tips on how to save money by being more energy efficient this summer, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* Dine al fresco: With the first sign of summer comes every man’s innate desire to get out the Barbeque (BBQ). Scrap the oven and microwave, the BBQ is a great way to make delicious food and soak up the British summer sun, whilst saving money on your energy bills.
* Exit the fan club: Keep the heat from soaking into your house by closing all blinds and windows. When the sun goes down, open your windows to let the cool breeze circulate through your home. These tips will keep your rooms cool and will mean there’s no need for a fan in the evening.
* Turn down the heat: As much as we love long hot showers on a cold winter’s day, in the summer months it’s a cooling shower we all crave. Turning the temperature down is not only refreshing and better for your hair and skin, it also speeds up your shower time, saving you money.
* Switch off and unplug: Many household appliances such as TVs and computers kick out a lot of heat so take this opportunity to switch off and enjoy the lighter evenings with family and friends. Not only will this save on your bills but it will also help in keeping your rooms cooler.
* Air dry don’t hair dry: Not only does your hair dry much quicker in the summer sun, it’s also far better for your hair than using your hairdryer as well as a more energy efficient option that will save you a few pennies.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2019 . All Rights Reserved.