Ahmedabad: For eating outlets in the city, the worms just can’t stop crawling out of the can. Days after a cockroach was spotted in the sambhar of popular South Indian restaurant Sankalp, an insect was found in a pizza from Domino’s Pizza outlet in Sattadhar area. The incident came to light after a video was uploaded on social media.
Subsequently, the outlet was sealed by health department officials of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation. The buyer, who is yet to be identified, had placed an order online at the pizza outlet in Kalasagar Mall in Sattadhar area. Shocked to see the insect on the pizza, the buyer captured a video and uploaded it on Twitter.
The AMC officials immediately swung into action and sealed the outlet. They initiated a search to identify the buyer on the basis of the bill, but could not find the exact address. Meanwhile, as part of their ongoing drive to check hygiene at food outlets in their city, the health department officials raided more places on Friday.
They issued notices and penalised Shambhu Coffee Bar, Faasos, Jay Bhavani Vadapav, Karnavati Dabeli, Dangee Dums, Saurashtra Ganthia among others The health department officials had checked 34 food outlets on Friday, of which 27 were issued notices to improve their hygiene level. Fifteen outlets were fined a total of Rs 47,500 for poor hygiene. Samples were collected from three places.
In addition, fines were recovered from six places for smoking in public. Notices were also issued to 12 places including Havmor Eatery and Honest in Paldi, Hocco in Navrangpura, Wooddy Jhone’s Pizza in Maninagar, Kabhi B in Nehrunagar, Moti Bakery in Kalupur and others for failing to maintain required hygiene. Bhavin Joshi, additional health officer, AMC, said, “On receiving the video of an insect from Domino’s pizza, we took immediate action and sealed.
by Ahmedabad Mirror
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2020 . All Rights Reserved.
Website maintained by Technixserv