Chikkaballapura/Bengaluru: Karnataka recorded its second coronavirus (COVID-19) death on Wednesday evening, Medical Education Minister Dr K Sudhakar said on Thursday, March 26.
"I regret to inform that the Covid-19 test result has come out as positive for the woman, who had succumbed on Wednesday. The government stands committed to curb the spread of Coronavirus in the state," tweeted Sudhakar.
This news was further confirmed by Health Minister B Sreeramulu.
Dr Sudhakar appealed to the people to stay at home and be safe.
It can be recalled that on Wednesday, a 75-year-old woman, who had returned from Mecca recently and had been under home quarantine since March 15 in Chikkaballapura, died on Wednesday due to respiratory complications.
The woman was from Gauribidanur in the Chikkaballapura district. She was undergoing treatment in the isolation ward of a hospital in Gauribidanur, after which she was moved to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases in Bengaluru for further treatment. She was once again moved to Bowring hospital on Tuesday, Sreeramulu had said on Wednesday.
Her samples were immediately sent for COVID-19 testing, the results of which arrived today.
This death brings the total COVID-19 fatalities in Karnataka to two. The first person in India, to die from a COVID-19 infection was a 76-year-old man from Kalaburagi.
(With inputs from PTI and IANS)
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2020 . All Rights Reserved.
Website maintained by Technixserv