New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM

News Karnataka

New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM

New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM

Media Release   ¦    Dec 20, 2020 07:27:06 AM (IST)

New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM-1Mangalore: The dream of New India can become a reality only with the New Education Policy- 2020. The State Government will make every effort to implement it from next academic year effectively,” said Deputy Chief Minister and Higher Education Minister Dr Ashwath Narayana.

Speaking online at the inauguration of Mangalore University's 41st Foundation Day celebration at Mangala Auditorium here on Saturday, he added that an education policy is being introduced after 34- years will help for the overall development of society. He also released a video series on "National Education Policy - 2020" by the Syndicate Prof Karunakar A. Kotekar.

Prof. Karunakar A. Kotekar spoke at length about his video series. “The NEP will contribute to the holistic development of an individual. 85% of children's brain development takes place between 6-8 years. This will be of great value for early education, up-to-date curriculum, quality research and promotion of arts, humanities, social sciences and theoretical courses”

The essence of the new education system in Kannada

Prof. Karunakar A. Kotekar's "National Education Policy - 2020" video series is an attempt to deliver the NEP - 2020 to the masses in Kannada. A total of 27 videos have already been created over a 5-hour period via the YouTube channel “NEP- 2020 Awareness and Implementation” (https://mangaloreuniversity.ac.in/nep ). Efforts have been made to simplify the new education policy and deliver it to the people.

R Sathyanarayana, Director, Kaiga Nuclear Power Plant, strongly opined that multidisciplinary education system and the contribution of old students will help Mangalore University achieve its Vision -2030. "It is important to recognize short-term courses, provide students with on-the-job skills, industry-government relations, global perspectives, and provide universities with the education they need throughout life," he said.

In his presidential address, Mangalore University Vice-Chancellor Prof P Subramanya Yadapadithaya said that the university has the potential to achieve more with the cooperation of society. “Environmentally friendly, the paperless campus is our priority. Already 5 villages and 10 government schools have been adopted by the university. Nine syndicate subcommittees have been formed for the draft on the implementation of NEP. The state-of-the-art Examination Block will be inaugurated by June. Preparation for the NAAC team visit, launch of mid-day meal scheme for eligible students, 400-metre Synthetic Track, Swimming Pool, Ambedkar Research Centre, Establishment of 5 PG Centres at Belapu of Udupi, V.S Acharya Centre for Coastal Development and different other study chairs will be implemented in the near future.  We are also going to start Student Adalat, and ‘Wall of Kindness’ in the campus,” he added.

  1. Satyanarayana and Prof. Karunakar A. Kotekar were felicitated on the occasion. Registrar K Raju Mogaveera welcomed the gathering. Finance Officer Prof. B Narayana conferred vote of thanks. Pro Ravishankar Rao, Dr Dhananjaya Kumble compered the ceremony.

We know who writes the letter!

While Mangalore University is involved in the fight against Covid, many are busy in writing letters to the university. We know who writes and who makes them to write. But, if there are 20% of these people, then the remaining 80% will work. However, this is a time for introspection for such people. Inspite of writing letters, they may join hands in the development of the University, said VC P Subrahmanya Yadapadithaya without mentioning a name!

More Images
New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM
New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM
New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM
New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM
New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM
New India can emerge only with New Education Policy says Deputy CM