Bengaluru: Close on the heels of the Sulwadi Maramma temple prasadam poisoning incident, thousands of residents of Mudanur, Teggalli, and surrounding villages of Hunasagi taluk of the Yadgir district were rushed to local hospitals following poisoning of the water supplied to the villages. All the villagers are out of danger.
According to the Kembhavi police, on Wednesday evening, miscreants mixed poison by opening the drinking water pipeline valve which was supplied without treatment. Locals developed suspicion as there was a weird smell in the water. Those who drank the poisoned water started vomiting and were immediately rushed to the local hospital.
As the news spread, senior officers of the district administration rushed to the village. Additional medical staff have been rushed from Bidar to the village. Officials informed that till now no casualty has been reported.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2016 . All Rights Reserved.