Bengaluru: The state government will take a decision in 10 days on the action to be taken against Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), including the possibility of taking over the Bengaluru-Mysuru Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project.
Speaking to media pefrsons here on Thursday, Minster for Law and Parliamentary Affairs T.B. Jayachandra said he would soon hold a final round of talks with the Advocate-General and special legal counsel who are looking into the cases related to NICE in the Karnataka High Court and the Supreme Court on the next course of action with respect to alleged irregularities by NICE.
Stating that as many as 20 cases were pending before the apex court and another 34 before the Karnataka High Court with respect to the NICE, the Minister said the State had appointed two special counsel to handle them.
About the possibility of the State government taking over the BMIC project, as demanded by Opposition members in the Legislative Assembly, the Minister said: “Such a possibility cannot be ruled out.” Listing some of the alleged irregularities pointed out by a legislature committee that looked into the issue, the minister maintained that over 30,000 acres of land had been notified for acquisition for the project though the actual extent of requirement was only about 20,000 acres as per the Frame Work Agreement.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2019 . All Rights Reserved.