Bagalkot: A suo-moto case has been registered against former excise minister H Y Meti by the Karnataka State Women's Commission.
Meti had stepped down as a minister after a video clipping of his sexual escapade with women coming to his office seeking recommendation for job became public.
Karnataka State Women’s Commission chairperson Nagalakshmi Bai on Sunday said that the Commission has taken up a suo motu case against the former minister based on media reports of the said the incident.
She further told that all efforts of the Commission to track down the harassed woman has met failure so far. She said she has written to the Bagalkot superintendent of police to provide protection to the woman. After the Criminal Investigation Department completes its inquiry into the case, the Commission will obtain its report and take appropriate action, she added.
© Copyright NewsKarnataka 2016 . All Rights Reserved.