Kolar BJP leader electrocuted, ex-MLC warns against overnight mobile charging

News Karnataka

Kolar BJP leader electrocuted, ex-MLC warns against overnight mobile charging

Kolar BJP leader electrocuted, ex-MLC warns against overnight mobile charging

Sc BH   ¦    Jun 17, 2019 07:20:35 PM (IST)

Kolar BJP leader electrocuted, ex-MLC warns against overnight mobile charging-1

Kolar: A BJP leader died following an electric shock on Sunday, in a suspected short circuit at his residence in Bazaar Street, Bangarpet here.

The deceased is TS Nagaprakash, 58, vice-president of Kolar BJP District unit. His wife Shobha and son Swaroop suffered severe burn injuries while they tried to rescue him. The devastating fire reportedly engulfed the house at 3 am on Sunday and several household articles have been gutted.

While some say that Nagaprakash, who woke up at 3.30 am tried to switch on the light and was electrocuted, BJP leader Bharathi Shetty, in a video said that he died after switching on mobile that was kept for charging overnight.

While condoling the death of the party leader, Shetty urged the people to be careful while using mobile phone and also make it a practice to not charge the mobile overnight.

In the video, she said that when Nagaprakash's wife and son came to his rescue after hearing him shout, even they suffered burns. Later the neighbours took Shobha and Swaroop to Jalappa Hospital. It is said that Shobha has suffered five per cent burns, but is critical as she is asthamatic.

However, the Bangarpet police have sought a report from the Bescom on the case.